Mahmud Kusuma, S.H., M.H.
(Certified Attorneys at Law)
Previously, the www.hukumindo.com platform has talk about "Faulty Weather Forecast Leading to The Emergence of a Lawsuit", "Knowing the Terms of Visiting Visa in Indonesia", "Knowing KITAS (Limited Stay Permit Card) In Indonesia", you may read also "How to Obtain Indonesian Citizenship?" and on this occasion we will discuss about 'Knowing the Permanent Stay Permit Card (KITAP) in Indonesia'. Check it out.
What is KITAP?
KITAP stands for Permanent Stay Permit Card. Unlike other visas in Indonesia, the KITAP is valid for five years, and if after five years there is no change in the status of the expat, the visa will be automatically extended. All you need to do is apply for a new card. A permanent residency visa means no more having to visit the immigration office every year (this is what you have to do with an ITAS/KITAS), no more costly visa extensions and no more paperwork. No wonder strict regulations apply to KITAP submissions. Thus, the visa related to this KITAP is a permanent residence visa.
- Law No.13/2003 concerning Manpower (Labor Law).
- Law No.6/2011 on Immigration (Immigration Law).
- Government Regulation No.31/2013 concerning Implementing Regulations of Law No.6/2011 concerning Immigration (PP Immigration).
- Ministry of Law and Human Rights Regulation (Permenkumham) No.27 of 2014.
- Government Regulation No.26/2016 concerning Amendments to PP No.31/2013 concerning Implementing Regulations of Law No.6/2011 concerning Immigration (PP 26/2016).
- Permenkumham (Ministry of Law and Human Rights Regulation) No.16/2018 concerning Procedures for Granting Visas and Stay Permits for Foreign Workers.
- Presidential Decree No. 20/2018 concerning the Use of Foreign Workers.
- PP No.24/2018 concerning Electronically Integrated Business Licensing Services (PP 24/2018).
The terms and conditions of KITAP are different, according to their respective characteristics. Here for more details.
Terms of Management of KITAP Sponsored by Husband/wife Spouse
- Passport and color photos for all passport pages (passports must have a validity period of at least two years).
- Photocopy of Temporary Resident Registration Certificate (SKPPS) or Residence Certificate (SKTT).
- Request letter to change KITAS to KITAP. Know the requirements for managing KITAS!
- Your last KITAS and color photo.
- Sponsor letter from spouse.
- Marriage book.
- spouse's ID card.
- spouse's Taxpayer Identification Number (NPWP).
- Family card.
- Spouse's current account with a minimum balance of IDR 10,000,000.
- Address details in Indonesia.
- Passport size photo.
Terms of Management of KITAP For Retirees and Foreign Investors
- Your passport with a minimum validity of 2 years and color photocopies of all pages of your passport. – original and color scans for all pages (minimum validity period of two years)
- Your ITAS/KITAS and color photocopy
- Photocopy of Temporary Resident Registration Certificate (SKPPS) or Residence Certificate (SKTT)
- Sponsor letter
- Request letter to change ITAS/KITAS to KITAP
- spouse's ID card
- Taxpayer Identification Number (NPWP). For those of you who don't have an NPWP, here's how to get a NPWP!
- Residential address
- Passport size photo
And if you have any legal issue with this topic, contact us then, feel free in 24 hour, we will be happy to assist you.
*) For further information please contact:
Mahmud Kusuma Advocate
Tokopedia Care Tower, 17th Floor, Unit 2&5,
Outer West Ring Road, 101, Rawa Buaya,
Cengkareng Subdistrict, West Jakarta City,
Jakarta - Indonesia.
1. "KITAP: Cara Mendapatkan Izin Tinggal di Indonesia", www.cekindo.com., Diakses pada tanggal 28 Mei 2022, https://www.cekindo.com/id/blog/kitap-stay-permit-indonesia#apa-itu-kitap
2. "KITAP Adalah: Pengertian, Syarat dan Cara Mendapatkannya", greenpermit.id, Diakses pada tanggal 28 Mei 2022, https://greenpermit.id/2021/11/11/kitap-adalah/