Mahmud Kusuma, S.H., M.H.
(Certified Attorneys at Law)
Previously, the Hukumindo.com platform has talk about "The Difference Between Default and Unlawful Act in Indonesia", read also "How to Open a Police Report in Indonesia?", and also "What's The Difference Between Police Report and Public Complaint?", and on this occasion we will discuss about 'The Example of Official Police Report Receipt in Indonesia'.
Article 1 Law Number: 8 of 1981 concerning Criminal Procedure Code ("KUHAP") provides a definition of the Report as follows: "Report is a notification submitted by a person who, because of his rights or obligations under the law, to an authorized official regarding, has or is currently or is suspected of having a criminal event." Those who have the right to submit reports are people who have experienced, seen, witnessed or become victims of events that constitute criminal acts, either orally or in writing.
In relation to this article, then your position as a foreigner who is in Indonesia is as a victim of a crime committed by someone else against you. Procedural law (Law Number: 8 of 1981 concerning Criminal Procedure Code ("KUHAP")) in Indonesia protects you by providing you with the right to report a crime you have experienced to the relevant Police institution. The following is The Example of Official Police Report Receipt in Indonesia:
- The top left corner is the relevant regional Police Office that issued the Police report receipt;
- Under the Police logo there is a letter of receipt of the report/complaint along with the number of receipt of the report/complaint;
- Underneath it is the day, date and time the Police Report was made;
- Underneath, there is the identity of the reporter;
- Under the identity of the reporter, there is information regarding the day, date, time and place where the crime occurred;
- Under the time and place where the crime occurred is a brief chronology of events;
- After that are the names of the alleged criminals and the articles that are suspected;
- Finally, the column for the reporter's signature and the signature of the Police officer on duty at the Integrated Police Service Center (SPKT).
And if you have any difficulties to open a Police Report in Indonesia, contact us, feel free in 24 hours, we will be glad to help you.
*) For further information please contact:
Mahmud Kusuma Advocate
Tokopedia Care Tower, 17th Floor, Unit 2&5,
Outer West Ring Road, 101, Rawa Buaya,
Cengkareng Subdistrict, West Jakarta,
Jakarta - Indonesia.
1. "How to Open a Police Report in Indonesia?", www.hukumindo.com., Diakses pada tanggal 31 Januari 2022, https://www.hukumindo.com/2021/10/how-to-open-police-report-in-indonesia.html
3. "Contoh Surat Laporan Polisi Tentang Penipuan Online", ahzasylmi.blogspot.com., Diakses pada tanggal 31 Januari 2022, https://ahzasylmi.blogspot.com/2021/07/contoh-surat-laporan-polisi-tentang.html